Swordlock.com - Terms and Conditions
To contact me, please one of the methods below;
- email me on
- Telephone me on 01543 257419
- Write to me at Rod Stradling, 12 Broadlands Rise, Lichfield, Staffs. WS14 9SF
- Payment is made up of two parts; a partly refundable Set-up Fee (see below) and a payment every year.
- At the start of the website design, the Set-up Fee is due. This fee is from £45 depending on your requirements.
- Once you have approved the initial designs, I will endeavour to obtain the domain name and suffix that you prefer. Very occasionally, between start of work and this stage the domain name and suffix may have been reserved by another party. In this case, I will try to reserve an alternative in discussion with you. As soon as the domain name and suffix have been reserved, the Set-up Fee is non-refundable and the first year's payment is immediately due. This is from £130 in the first year depending on your requirements.
- If the scope of the design is increased, the Set-up Fee may need to be increased.
- If the initial designs are not approved and we cannot agree an alternative design or if the domain name/suffix pair that you wanted is not available and no alternative is suitable then either you or I can terminate the project. In this case, half of the Set-up Fee is returnable to you.
- As soon as the first year's payment has been made, I will complete the website design as quickly as possible. This is non-refundable.
- Once you have approved the website design I will make it go live on the internet.
- Minor changes to the website during the first year are not charged but a substantial change, for example adding additional domain names, adding or re-arranging pages, increasing user interaction, etc., may be chargeable.
- Before the end of the first and subsequent years I will advise you of the charge for the following year. This charge must be paid and cleared before the end of the year or else your domain name may become unavailable. I am not responsible for loss of the domain name if you have not made the required payment in a timely manner.
- The website content is copyright to you. On request I will send you a zipped archive of the website for your use. This archive will not include database content and may contain active server pages which will not normally run in a stand-alone manner on a home computer.
- If you decide that you do not wish to continue with the website under my management, I will help to transfer the domain name to you or to another party of your choosing. I am not responsible for the loss of the domain name if the transfer process is delayed. A small fee for the transfer is charged and the transfer will not be completed until this payment is made to me.
- I am not responsible for backing up your databases so you should maintain backup copies at all times in the unusual event of a problem.
- You can request changes to the website at any time and I will do my best to complete the work in a timely fashion. Often, the website can be kept running during any major or minor changes. After the first year, both small and large changes may be chargeable.
- The website is hosted by names.co.uk. I have found them to be reliable and helpful in all of my dealings with them which began in 2002. I am not responsible for any problems that they may suffer and which may affect the use of your website.
- You are responsible for the accuracy of information on your website and you warrant to me that you have full ownership of anything that is put on the website or full permission to use anything on the website. At my discretion I may ask you to prove that you have ownership or permission to show content. At my sole discretion I may chose not to use any content you have provided.